- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- You cannot have anything to eat or drink 8 hours prior to your surgery. This is enforced to avoid complications during and/or after surgery. If you do not comply, your surgery will need to be cancelled and there may be an additional charge to you.
- Prior to surgery, you may brush your teeth and rinse and spit with water (don’t swallow).
- A responsible adult must accompany you, stay in the waiting room during your appointment and take you home preferably by car. For your safety, public transportation is not recommended. Please be advised: if the responsible person is not with you when you arrive for your surgery, your surgery will need to be cancelled and there may be an additional charge to you.
- Following surgery, you must not drive a vehicle, operate hazardous machinery or consume alcohol for a minimum of 18 hours, or longer if drowsiness or dizziness persists.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing and comfortable flat shoes for the procedure. If your clothing has sleeves, please ensure that your sleeves can be rolled up past your elbows.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed before your surgery. Please do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of your surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office in advance of your surgery.
- If your surgeon has asked you to begin medication prior to your surgery please ensure to do so. Unless instructed otherwise, you should also continue to take all your regular medications at the appropriate time, with a sip of water but not with food.
Here's your owner's manual.